JOIN OUR TEAM
We currently do not have any openings! Please continue to check back!
Kennel Assistant/Animal Care Taker – Full Time – NO OPENINGS
- High school diploma or equivalent is recommended
- Valid drivers license required
- Demonstrated experience in handling dogs & cats required
- Knowledge of animal behavior, caring for animals in a kind and loving manner
- Follow a daily schedule, follow directions & communicate effectively
- Clean animal kennels and cages on a daily basis. This includes hosing down the flooring, scrubbing the walls and changing bedding with each cleaning.
- Maintaining proper feeding and watering schedules
- Perform all aspects of animal care, including but not limited to proper cage cleaning and sanitation
- Restocking supplies
- Evaluating the animals’ medical and behavioral needs and reporting anything out of the ordinary to the appropriate party
- Sanitation of supplemental supplies: bowls, litter pans, etc.
- Removes animal waste found in the recreational yard.
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of shelter facility
- Socialization and exercise of shelter animals
- Interacting with customers and volunteers
- Assisting customers with adoption process